Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A favourite story about love...

It feels so good to get an email from a friend from the other side of the world. It was long but i enjoy reading it... actually, i keep reading it. She talked about many things and her latest favourite read - a book called Love in the time of Cholera by GGMarquez. Well, sad that i have no idea about the story. Anyway, i have to reply to my friend's email so here's an excerpt of my reply to her...

"But, hey now.. sure you are not pregnant, are you? hehehe coz just wondering the long medical treatment. Oh, but great to know you are now back to normal and that you are well, no worries and still alive! haha. And wow, you’ve read minimum of 20 books! I didn’t know you read a lot! I could imagine you have towering shelf of books. Well, I have not heard of this book “love in the time of cholera” but finding the theme plot (from wiki) it really interesting story about love - enduring the pain, suffering, like an emotional & physical disease of cholera! Surely, the story would make me cry. But, I have had the same read about love ( was a long long time ago!) and it's called, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I’m sure you have a copy of it. Else, it was so great story of a man’s undying love for his wife who suffers from senile dementia! I was in tears when I read the book, I think it was in year1997…ahh more than a decade now! And I remember, I bring it to work and told a friend about how sad and yet so beautiful the love story is and told it made me cry a lot. So a colleague friend has read it and as expected, she was in tears too while reading it! And she passed the book to others to cry too! Haha. And i think there was a movie made based on this book with the same title last 2004. But I didn’t watch the move cause I know it would make me sobs…again.. "

The book i am reading now is a Jane Austen novel...Northanger Abbey. Just started it...

No comments: